In Australia, it is estimated that approximately 20% of couples experience difficulty in conceiving. This can be a distressing and frustrating process that often impacts negatively upon an individual or couples mental and physical health. It is important to remember that infertility can be attributed to both males and females. With this in mind, ensuring the optimum health of both partners when treating and/or managing infertility is paramount.
Ayurveda seeks to create healthy ‘shukra dhatu’ or reproductive tissue in both partners to create a healthy pregnancy. Shukra tissue itself is created as part of a long chain of metabolic processes. It follows then that healthy, fertile shukra tissue is dependent on the health of the rest of the tissues in the body.
Ayurveda seeks to identify the root cause(s) of infertility and has found that the following are usually responsible:
- Accumulated toxins
- Poor nutrition
- Sluggish digestion
- Nervous system imbalances
- Disease of the reproductive organs
- Disruption of natural biological rhythms and hormones
To effectively treat infertility, you will work closely alongside one of our Ayurvedic doctors to diagnose exactly what is happening within your body. A variety of tools is utilised to form a thorough diagnosis, which then informs treatment. The treatment protocol will focus on restoring the balance of the body and the normal, healthy functioning of the tissues.
The treatment protocol will focus on:
- Removing the build up of toxins within the body
- Improving nutrition and digestive function
- Lowering stress levels and supporting the nervous system
- Strengthening the bodies ability to heal
This four-pronged approach works beyond the surface to completely overhaul your health and well-being at a deeper level and may involve:
- Lifestyle modification
- Prescription of kitchen and medicinal herbal medicines
- Instruction in gentle yoga postures and breathing exercises
- Prescription of Ayurvedic rejuvenating massage and detoxing treatments
To find out more about our Ayurvedic Doctor consults click here
For more information about how Ayurveda can assist in creating optimum health and well-being, click here