English Spinach Vegetable Curry – An Immune Boosting Food
- 2 heaped Tablespoons Ghee
- 2 Small Red Onions [or 1 large] cut fine
- 2 bunches of English Spinach with stems or 1kg leaves
- 3 large carrots peeled and diced
- 2 large white potatoes peeled & diced.
- 150 gm green beans cut
- 3 large vine tomatoes peeled [put in boiling water to remove skin].
- 2 bunches of fresh coriander cut fine
- 1 cup channa dal [from Indian grocery]. Soak in hot water ½ hour and wash 3 times with water.
- 2 inches of ginger grated
- 4-5 pcs garlic [optional]. Cut fine.
- ½ tsp heaped turmeric
- 2 level tsp whole cumin [jeera]
- 2 heaped tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp asafoetida powder
- 1 or 2 green chillies according to taste.
- salt to taste
- Fry onions in ghee till light brown, then add all the masala – ginger, chillies, turmeric, garlic and cumin seeds. Add coriander powder near the end of the frying. Cook & stir for a few minutes until all mixed well.
- Then add the vegetables and fresh coriander.
- There will be water released from all the vegetables.
- Bring it to boil and boil for 10-15 mins, then on low till cooked.
- Add half a cup of hot water if required.
- Use a Bamix to blend it all into a rough paste.
- Serve with fresh coriander sprinkled on top.
Eat with Roti /flatbread or basmati rice.
For more Immune booster tips and advice consult with our Ayurvedic specialists.