How Panchakarma body cleanse program can help improve your health
During a Panchakarma body cleanse program, Ayurveda explains that there are three prominent kinds of toxins which may be found in the body, all of which are released. The first, and most common, of these toxins is known as ama, which accumulates as a result of poor dietary and lifestyle choices. If left untreated, ama will develop into amavisha, the second kind of toxin, which arises from ama’s interactions with the sub-doshas. The third toxin, garavisha, comes as the result of our interactions with external environmental factors, such as chemicals and pollution. Ayurveda states that the accumulation of these toxins are what inevitably result in diseases over time, such as diabetes and heart disease. As such, these toxins must be dislodged as frequently as they are accumulated. It is in this manner that Ayurveda is able to target the root cause of disease.
Translating as “the five actions”, Panchakarma features a number of different treatments which, when used in conjunction with one another, work to cleanse the body of toxins and help achieve “quantum healing”. Having enjoyed a relaxing holiday season, after Christmas and New Year is the optimal time to engage in a Panchakarma program. Dr Rajneesh Kour explains Panchakarma no longer necessarily dictates five specific courses of action, but rather, is customised in a series of different steps with respect to your specific body type. It is also important to note that none of the steps in Panchakarma interfere with any medication you may be taking. The steps to your unique program may include:
- Doctors Consultation: Your Panchakarma body cleanse program begins with a detailed consultation with one of our in-house doctors, who will help you to determine the most effective means by which to eliminate toxins from your body. From here, the doctor will tailor your Panchakarma body cleanse program to meet your specific needs.
- Abhyanga Full Body Massage: In this full body massage, your therapist nourishes your body with curative oils which help to release impurities and relieve internal imbalances. This deeply relaxing massage also helps to alleviate stress, leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Customised Diets: We provide you with all-natural meals for the duration of your detox program, which are tailored to meet your specific health needs.
- Pizzichil: This luxurious treatment sees your therapist pour two litres of warm, herbal oil onto the body, which revitalises the cells, soothes stiff joints and relaxes both body and mind.
- Virechana: This gentle laxative is taken in the comfort of your own home, and is designed to rid the intestines of toxins, as well as to balance out Pitta dosha imbalances.
- Swedana: In this class of treatment, impurities are ridded through perspiration, as herbalised steam is used to encourage the body’s pores to open. In this way, toxins are eliminated through the sweat glands.
- Udvartana: This herbal scrub massage helps to break down fat deposits and tone the skin. After the massage, your therapist applies a herbal paste with curative properties, helping to open the pores of the skin.
- Kathi Vasthi: In this treatment, oils are poured into a localised area on the lower back, helping to alleviate back pain and free the body of toxins which may have collected in the urinary system.
- Basti: There are many different kinds of bastis, which are often described as “medicated enemas”. The doctor will prescribe the basti which is most effective for your specific needs.
- Nasya: Translating as “nasal administrations”, these oils or tonics are inhaled. This helps to clear the sinus passages and rid the body of toxins which may have accumulated in the sensory organs.
- Herbal Prescriptions: The doctor may prescribe you with herbal tonics to be taken over the course of the program, all of which have origins dating back thousands of years.
Our Ayurvedic Doctor describes, the additional benefits of undertaking a Panchakarma detox program are diverse and many.
- Improves the capabilities of the mind
- Gives mental clarity and awareness
- Reduces dependency on toxic, unhealthy or addictive substances
- Benefits those suffering from stress, anxiety or mental illnesses
- Helps to slow the ageing process
- Improves skin glow
- Boosts energy levels
- Relaxes the mind
If you are feeling anxious, exhausted, tired or stressed, call us on (02) 9389 2581 to find our more about our Panchakarma Body Cleanse program.