Chronic pain can take on a variety of different forms within our body. What is central to the condition is the toll it takes on the quality of life and ability to engage with everyday activities.
Modern medicine approaches pain by examining and then treating the specific symptoms present, often without delving deeper to unearth the root cause of the issue. Ayurveda differs in that it seeks to identify ALL the underlying imbalances within the body and treat them using a holistic, multi-modality approach to healing, unique to the individual.
Chronic pain within Ayurvedic tradition has been linked to an accumulation of toxins and/or an imbalance of vata within the tissues that ‘switches on’ the pain response, which may manifest in a variety of different ways. Common sources of this accumulation and eventual imbalance include:
- A poor diet, deficient in vitamins, leading to issues with digestion
- An unbalanced nervous system,
- General unease/stiffness within the body as a whole
To effectively treat and eliminate chronic pain, you will work closely alongside one of our Ayurvedic doctors to diagnose exactly what is happening within your body. A variety of tools is often utilised to form a thorough diagnosis, which then informs treatment. The treatment protocol will focus on:
- Improving nutrition and digestive function/metabolism
- Removing the build up of toxins within the body
- Lowering stress levels and supporting the nervous system
- Strengthening the bodies ability to heal
This four pronged approach works beyond the surface to completely overhaul your health and well-being at a deeper level.
To find out more about our Ayurvedic Doctor consults click here
For more information about how Ayurveda can assist in creating optimum health and well being, click here