Dr Rajneesh Kour
We all know the answer lies in the Health and Balance of our Immune System, the body’s primary defence against infectious diseases.
Whenever a foreign organism enters our body, the body’s immune system recognises it as foreign and tries to attack and destroy it. Once the body is attacked by a particular microbe, our immune system keeps a record of it and can disable it more easily if the same microbe enters the body again. Normally, if we get a viral infection, our immune system works against it by producing antibodies and we get rid of it in a few days without taking any medication. All this happens only when we have a strong immune system. On the other hand, if our immune system is weak we are prone to more infections and it takes more time to recover.
Ayurvedic theory on the immune system
According to Ayurveda, there are many factors contributing to a strong immune system.
- Digestion: our digestive fire (agni) plays a very important role in boosting our immune system. If the digestion is strong, the food we will eat will be properly digested by our body and will be well absorbed, leading to a strong immunity (ojas). On the other hand, if the digestion is weak, the food will not be metabolized in the body and will create toxins (ama) in the body. These toxins suppress the immune system and start blocking different channels in our body.
- Mind: An unhealthy mind can lead to an unhealthy gut. If our mind is free of toxins and it is balanced, then we can have healthy digestion, which can further improve our immune system.
- Lifestyle: Ayurveda talks a lot about lifestyle, which can make a huge difference in one’s life and can also help to prevent diseases. A healthy lifestyle includes eating according to your digestion, regular exercise, drinking enough water, including healthy food in your meal, waking up early & sleeping early and other life-enhancing choices.
Boosting immunity with Ayurveda
Cleansing the body by removing the toxins with Detox Panchakarma is a primary solution to boosting immunity. Read More
Correcting the digestion is the next step so that you do not accumulate more toxins in your body. Digestion can be improved if we start feeling and listening to our bodies and eat accordingly. Overeating will never improve your immune system. One should eat according to his/her digestion and body type (dosha). Ayurveda also advises using various rejuvenating herbs to improve one’s immune system. It is advised to take these herbs only under the supervision of a qualified Ayurvedic doctor, as one needs to keep your dosha and present health condition in mind.
Other Ayurvedic Tips for Immunity
Below are some everyday tips to enhance your immune system and stay disease-free:
- Start your day with 1-2 glasses of warm water.
- Include yoga and Pranayama breathing in your daily routine.
- Sip lukewarm water throughout the day.
- Include spices like ginger, cumin, fennel, garlic, turmeric, etc in your food.
- Take amla and aloe vera juice daily.
- Have more cooked and warm meals and less of cold meals.
- Do not skip your meals.
- Eat mindfully.
- Make your dinner the lightest meal of the day.
- Take 6-8 hrs of sleep daily.
Call to book an appointment with our Doctor on 9389 2581.
a year ago`
Having an Auto-Immune disease, I have spent many years researching material online into the healing of Auto-immune diseases and as such, I have personally taken the ‘roller coaster’ ride of testing numerous alternative therapies, herbs, and supplements, etc.
What I can honestly say now is that after all of the experiments, ups, and downs, I have finally now found the right system which has been impressive ‘immediately’ effective in the regulation of my immune system Read More
6 months ago
I came to this clinic initially very ill with CFS. I was bed-bound for most of the day and incapable of working or taking part in life.
I undertook the Panchakarma detox after careful advice from the Doctor at the clinic.
Within one week I was up and on my feet, all my symptoms such as anxiety, depression, fatigue, and insomnia had abated and I was feeling stronger!
I am so grateful to have my health back & to be feeling stronger every day Read More
Call 02 9389 2581 or Book an appointment online.