Consults from Ayurvedic doctors is an important part of maintaining balance and health. Ayurveda is an ancient science dating back well over 5000 years. It offers a holistic paradigm for how to live life with peace of mind and purpose. Accordingly, at the Ayurvedic Wellness Centre, our philosophy is to heal holistically. Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, not a mere absence of observable disease or infirmity.
A consult with one of our Ayurvedic doctors is the starting point for your journey to better health. Our highly experienced staff looks at each person as an individual with treatment designed to restore imbalances and promote the flow of vital energy.
An integrated approach to treatment is taken addressing the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of the individual client. Treatments will vary from client to client but may include:
- Specific dietary recommendations
- Ayurvedic medicinal herbs
- Lifestyle modifications
- Yoga postures appropriate for fitness level and age
- Yogic breathing exercises
- Instruction in healing meditation practices.
Your consult will involve:
- Full health history being taken
- Pulse diagnosis to check for ill health causing imbalances in the body
- Assessment of your Body or Constitution Type (Dosha) which controls all of the body’s functions. There are three doshas, Vata (regulates movement), Pitta (regulates metabolism) and Kapha (regulates structure)
- Tongue diagnosis to locate the toxins in your body
- Herbs prescribed to suit your body type
- Lifestyle management suggestions
A consult with one of our doctors will take 60 minutes and costs $120 with a rebate available from some health funds.
To find out more about Ayurveda, click here
To find out what health conditions Ayurveda treats, click here
To purchase a gift voucher for one of our treatments, click here
Currently, the rebate is available on the following private health funds:
Australian Health Management (AHM): http://www.ahm.com.au
Australian Unity – http://www.australianunity.com.au/
Grand United Health – http://www.guhealth.com.au
Medibank Private – http://www.medibank.com.au/
HBF – http://www.hbf.com.au/