While menopause is a completely natural and expected part of life, it isn’t always a pleasant process. Ayurvedic tradition believes that prevention, through living a balanced life, is the best method of avoiding unpleasant symptoms when menopause hits. In Ayurveda, it is not the shift in oestrogen levels that cause the symptoms typically associated with menopause but a build up of toxins and subsequent imbalance in the system.
In Ayurveda, the type of symptoms a woman experiences during menopause depends on the type of dosha imbalance present.
- Pitta imbalance may cause hot flushes
- Vata imbalance may cause mental symptoms like anxiety or insomnia
- Kapha imbalance may cause symptoms of heaviness in the body and the onset of depression and weight gain
If symptoms have already started to occur, Ayurveda offers a variety of treatments to help treat imbalance and restore the body to a state of wellness.
To effectively treat menopause, you will work closely alongside one of our Ayurvedic doctors to diagnose exactly what is happening within your body. A variety of tools is utilised to form a thorough diagnosis, which then informs treatment. The treatment protocol will focus on restoring the balance of the body and the normal, healthy functioning of the tissues.
The Menopause treatment protocol will focus on:
- Removing the build up of toxins within the body
- Improving hormonal balance
- Lowering stress levels and supporting the nervous system
- Strengthening the bodies ability to heal
This four-pronged approach works beyond the surface systems to completely overhaul your health and well-being at a deeper level and may involve:
- Lifestyle modification
- Prescription of kitchen and medicinal herbal medicines
- Instruction in gentle yoga postures and breathing exercises
- Prescription of Ayurvedic rejuvenating massage and detoxing treatments
To find out more about our Ayurvedic Doctor consults click here
For more information about how Ayurveda can assist in creating optimum health and well-being, click here