Joint issues, including arthritis, back pain, spondylitis and gout affect a large percentage of Australians, particularly those over the age of 50. Obesity, overexertion, stress, diet and poor lifestyle choices are all thought to contribute to the rising number of sufferers.
Ayurvedic tradition identifies two specific types of joint problems.
- Joint problems that arise due to a lack of nourishment and/or low bone density
- Joint problems that arise due to a toxic overload in the body, leading to a build up that inhibits proper functioning and joint mobility.
The key to preventing these issues is to create healthier cells that are capable of effectively eliminating toxins and creating healthy plasma to nourish and protect joints.
To effectively treat arthritis and other joint issues, you will work closely alongside one of our Ayurvedic doctors to diagnose exactly what is happening within your body. A variety of tools is utilised to form a thorough diagnosis, which then informs treatment. The treatment protocol will focus on restoring the balance of the body and the normal, healthy functioning of the tissues.
The treatment protocol will focus on:
- Removing the build up of toxins within the body
- Improving nutrition and dosha balance
- Lowering stress levels and supporting the nervous system
- Strengthening the bodies ability to heal
This four-pronged approach works beyond the surface systems to completely overhaul your health and well-being at a deeper level and may involve:
- Lifestyle modification
- Prescription of kitchen and medicinal herbal medicines
- Instruction in gentle yoga postures and breathing exercises
- Prescription of Ayurvedic rejuvenating massage and detoxing treatments
To find out more about our Ayurvedic Doctor consults click here
To find out more about which treatments we recommend for joint problems, click here
For more information about how Ayurveda can assist in creating optimum health and well-being, click here