Ayurvedic Wellness Centre Photos
To help give you a sense of the experience you will encounter at the Ayurvedic Wellness Centre we have taken some photos of the Centre. Simply click on the images below to view a range of photos of the building, massage and relaxation rooms, and herbs and oils used at the Centre.
Inaugural Introduction to Meditation Seminar
On Sunday, 13th February, 2011 our inaugural Introduction to Meditation Seminar, convened by Rita Sagrani, was held at Chowder Bay, Sydney. Seventeen enthusiastic participants assembled at 9am, ready for a full day of learning under the direction of Dr Shaun Matthews. Shaun is a Holistic Medical Practitioner, Ayurvedic and Yoga therapist who has had a passionate interest in meditation for over 25 years and which he uses extensively in his clinical practice.
The aim of the Seminar was to help people have a satisfying and meaningful experience of meditation and to support them into making meditation an inspiring part of their daily routine.
The features of the seminar were:
- Understanding how modern science understands meditation
- Preparing the bodymind for meditation using simple yoga stretches and breathing packages
- Instruction in a Body-Awareness meditation
- A delicious Ayurvedic vegetarian lunch and afternoon halva and chai
- Experiencing a Walking Meditation after lunch
- Discussion about the mental and physical health benefits of meditation
- How to make meditation an essential part of your daily routine